To celebrate a 30th birthday what could be more appropriate than a cake, and when it comes to fundraising, one cake is never enough! To celebrate its 30th birthday in 2012 children’s charity Brainwave is launching a year long Cupcake Bake fundraiser backed by TV celebrity chef Simon Rimmer who has produced a special recipe for the occasion.
Simon comments, “Anyone can take on the Cupcake Bake – it’s quick, fun and you can make the cakes in your own individual style. The ingredients are both easy to find and inexpensive – follow my recipe to create a batch of cupcakes to sell on to friends, family and work colleagues. By doing so you can put a smile on someone’s face as well as raise funds for Brainwave and support the fantastic work they do”
Paul Smith, Brainwave Community Fundraiser, says “We wanted something that was a really simple fundraising idea that everyone can take part in. The idea is that anyone who wants to take part during the year just needs to bake some cupcakes and then raise money by selling them to friends and family. There is also a great opportunity for children to take part and perhaps sell their cakes at schools and youth clubs. We are also hoping that some businesses that bake and sell cupcakes can be persuaded to support us by dedicating a particular day to a Brainwave bake and then give a donation from the proceeds to the charity.”
If you want to find out more about how to take part in the bake, visit the Brainwave website and go to: http://www.brainwave.org.uk/cupcake bake . People are being encouraged to take photos of their creative efforts and post them on the Brainwave Facebook page.
Brainwave works with families to deliver home based therapies and exercises to help children with disabilities and Developmental Delay reach their full potential. It has three Centres (Essex, Cheshire and Somerset) and undertakes satellite clinics in both Ireland and Scotland.
Places on the programme are available for children at all three Centres. For more information see www.brainwave.org.uk ; email: email@example.com or phone: 01278 429089. For more information on the Cupcake Bake, contact: Paul Smith, Brainwave South West England Community Fundraiser, Tel: 01278 726927 Mob: 07725 956015
Press information: Jane Adkins, Tel: 01935 813114 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Brainwave works with families to deliver individual home based therapies and exercises to help children with disabilities and Developmental Delay to reach their full potential.
2. Families are invited to one of their three Centres for a two day Initial Assessment where the child is assessed and a programme designed for the child. On the second day the family are shown how to undertake the exercises, which they then carry out at home, retuning to the Centre every 4-6 months when the exercises are adjusted. The Centres are in Witham, Essex; Bridgwater, Somerset; and Warrington, Cheshire.
3. Brainwave currently has around 530 families on Programme.
4. See the charity’s video at http://uk.youtube.com/BrainwaveCentre .
5. Brainwave uses mainstream neuroplasticity techniques in its programmes. Most of it therapists NHS trained.
Other releases for Brainwave.